From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2016 21:46:42
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > lee wrote:
4 >> Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
5 >>
6 >>> lee wrote:
7 >>>> Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
8 >>>>
9 >>>>> lee wrote:
10 >>>>>> Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
11 >>>>>>
12 >>>>>>> lee wrote:
13 >>>>>>>> Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
14 >>>>>>>>
15 >>>>>>>> I didn't go look at boards I had around here. I went to a major
16 >>>>>>>> computer supplier, newegg, and looked at what they had. Go back and
17 >>>>>>>> read again what I did and maybe read it more carefully.
18 >>>>>>>>
19 >>>>>>>> Might I also add, it's more than just me that has pointed out that you
20 >>>>>>>> are not correct on this. It's a few others as well. You ever stop to
21 >>>>>>>> think that what you observe is not the normal and certainly not the
22 >>>>>>>> default? If what you claim was even remotely accurate, newegg would
23 >>>>>>>> have had a lot larger number of boards with two ports on it. Thing is,
24 >>>>>>>> they didn't. Kai pointed out that the same is true in Europe.
25 >>>>>>>> Why would I assume that what someone else observes is a default?
26 >>>>>>>> Besides, I don't see what problem you're having with this.
27 >>>>>>>>
28 >>>>>>>>
29 >>>>>>> Then why would what you observe also be claimed to be the default? As
30 >>>>>>> I also pointed out, it's not just what I observe, it's what I and others
31 >>>>>>> have observed as well. So far, you are the only person claiming that
32 >>>>>>> two ports on a home user board is the default. I have not seen anyone
33 >>>>>>> else post that you are correct. Others have posted that you are not
34 >>>>>>> correct tho.
35 >>>>>>>
36 >>>>>>> The problem is, you claim that having two ports is the default. It is
37 >>>>>>> not the default. I've said it, even researched it and explained how I
38 >>>>>>> researched it, others have also posted the same point. Just because you
39 >>>>>>> have boards with two ports does not mean it is a default. Given the
40 >>>>>>> research I did, it isn't even close. Boards with two ports for a home
41 >>>>>>> user is not only not the default, it's somewhat rare. Out of the top 72
42 >>>>>>> boards I checked, only a couple or so had two ports. That is far from
43 >>>>>>> being the default. That is quite rare. Even if it was 5 boards, that
44 >>>>>>> would be under 10%. That is hardly something to call a default. If it
45 >>>>>>> were say 50%, then one could at least argue that the default is moving
46 >>>>>>> to having two ports. It's just not the case.
47 >>>>>>>
48 >>>>>>> The sooner you figure that out the better for you.
49 >>>>>> And eating rice is the default because so many people do it ...
50 >>>>>>
51 >>>>>> .
52 >>>>>>
53 >>>>> You can claim that having two ports is the default but that isn't
54 >>>>> supported by a single fact. As I said, the only person who thinks it is
55 >>>>> a default is you. The default would be set by the manufacturers. Since
56 >>>>> what is manufactured has to be sold, one good way to find out what the
57 >>>>> default is, go look at what is being sold. When you see something that
58 >>>>> is common, like say four USB ports, then that is the default. Another
59 >>>>> example, if most all boards have five PCI-e slots, then that is the
60 >>>>> default. If you want six slots, seven slots or more, then you are
61 >>>>> likely going to pay extra and have fewer buying options because that is
62 >>>>> not the default.
63 >>>>>
64 >>>>> Using your logic, no one eats rice since so much of it is grown and
65 >>>>> sold. If rice was not grown and not sold, then your logic would work.
66 >>>>> So, your post doesn't even make sense. The manufacturers of boards by a
67 >>>>> large margin puts one ethernet port on a home use board and even most
68 >>>>> office computers only need one port. If one goes and looks at what is
69 >>>>> being manufactured and sold, they would be able to see that. Of course,
70 >>>>> some people can't see it even when several people post the facts. It
71 >>>>> seems some will never get the idea.
72 >>>> Rice is not eaten much around here, so it's not the default type of
73 >>>> food.
74 >>>>
75 >>>> Besides, people buy what is being manufactured. If all boards were
76 >>>> manufactured with 4 ports, it wouldn't stop ppl from buying them, and if
77 >>>> no rice was grown, it wouldn't stop ppl from eating (if sufficient
78 >>>> quantities of other types of food were available).
79 >>>>
80 >>>>
81 >>> Rice isn't eaten much around here either. That IS NOT the point tho.
82 >> By way of your argumentation, it's still the default food. You're
83 >> saying you aren't eating it much. I would have to conclude that you're
84 >> living in a bubble outside of reality.
85 >>
86 >> Or I could simply acknowledge that you have a different default.
87 >>
88 >>> The point is that having two ports is not the default. As I said
89 >>> before, if what you claim were even remotely true, then board sellers
90 >>> would be listing boards with two ports by huge numbers. They are not.
91 >>> It is rare even. Well under 10%, likely less than 5%. That is FAR from
92 >>> being a default. Anyone claiming otherwise is delusional.
93 >>>
94 >>> Given your other posts, I've come to the conclusion that you are truly
95 >>> living in a world that is not based on reality. You live is some bubble
96 >>> that you have created where what you think is the only option. You,
97 >>> even when shown facts, can not accept anything that doesn't fit in your
98 >>> little bubble.
99 >>>
100 >>> You posted that two ports is the default. Others and myself posted that
101 >>> is not correct. I even went to the trouble to prove it. Yet here you
102 >>> are still posting that it is when you have yet to post a SINGLE fact to
103 >>> back up what you claim. I posted how I researched it and did so in a
104 >>> way that you should be able to do the same, and see it for YOURSELF.
105 >>> Yet you refuse to even do that. You are right even when you are proven
106 >>> to be 100% wrong in your little bubble. Unless you can prove that
107 >>> having two ports is the default, by posting links to a major
108 >>> manufacturers website or a major seller, you are talking BS and nothing
109 >>> else. There is no point to you posting anything else. Post proof or you
110 >>> are wrong. Get over it. Back up your claims. It shouldn't be hard if
111 >>> you are correct. It took me about 5 to 10 minutes to do my research and
112 >>> about the same to post it.
113 >>>
114 >>> Have a nice day. Enjoy your little bubble.
115 >> Well, I guess you haven't realised yet that reality doesn't exist.
116 >> Bubbles are a self-imposed limit for those who believe in reality.
117 >> You probably hit that wall and now try hard to remain confined.
118 >>
119 >> Unfortunately, this won't make sense to you until you come to realise.
123 > So, because you THINK two ports is the default, then it is even when you
124 > can't post a single thing to back it up? Keep in mind, I researched
125 > this and posted how I did it. That research does NOT support what you
126 > THINK. The sooner you realize that just because you think something is
127 > the default doesn't make it so, the better for you it will be. As I
128 > also pointed out, I'm not the only one who says you are wrong. To this
129 > point, no one else has posted to support your claim either.
130 >
131 > To put it bluntly, two ports is NOT the default and never has been
132 > either. Based on the research I did, it isn't even going to be the
133 > default anytime soon. You are wrong, period. Until you can post a fact
134 > that backs up your claim, you are wrong. I've said it, others have said
135 > it and yet you are still posting something as fact even when proven to
136 > be wrong.
137 >
138 > Whether you call it a bubble or call it cow crap, you are not posting
139 > facts or even a informed opinion. I call it BS. Let me know when you
140 > can post some facts to back up your claim.
141
142 Like I said, it doesn't make sense to you.