From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] kill a child and suicide
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 21:38:08
1 On Wed, 3 May 2006, Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
4 > Signals are the only way (or you have a "parent died" logic inside the
5 > child process). And this will always open a racing condition when
6 But I won't be able to use svc to interact with the child. That's why I
7 feel I must reformulate the whole setup.
8 >
9 >>> you *want* then redirected somewhere else, you are free to do so with
10 >>> standard redirection operations before the ampersand.
11 >> I don't want redirection. Multilog will grasp stdout, but only of the
12 >> parent process (I think); once the latter exits, I don't think the other
13 >> process will be accessible.
14 >
15 > It doesn't exit. It's just a shell built-in "wait" (no, in fact, it is
16 > a glibc built-in "wait"). The file handles are kind of dup'ed, so
17 > multilog should work just fine.
18 >
19 Thanks again. Writing to this list is never a waste of time!
20 --
21 Jorge Almeida
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list