From: Zac Slade <krakrjak@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] kill a child and suicide
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 00:41:00
1 On Wednesday 03 May 2006 16:04, Jorge Almeida wrote:
2 > On Wed, 3 May 2006, Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
3 > > Signals are the only way (or you have a "parent died" logic inside the
4 > > child process). And this will always open a racing condition when
5 >
6 > But I won't be able to use svc to interact with the child. That's why I
7 > feel I must reformulate the whole setup.
8 If you need deeper interaction with a child process then you might need to
9 look outside the realm of shell. I'd suggest looking at perl. Not that you
10 can't accomplish what you are looking for with bash scripting, but you may be
11 better served by using a more full featured programming language than shell
12 offers.
13 --
14 Zac Slade
15 krakrjak@××××××××××.net