From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new machine: incremental back-ups
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 10:39:20
1 On Thu, 04 Oct 2012 10:25:53 +0200, Michael Hampicke wrote:
2
3 > I am using http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/ (in portage) which brings
4 > some nice features like compression, de-duplication and a web interface.
5 > Once configured it runs automatically.
6
7 +1 for BackupPC
8
9 > What do you use for cloud/offsite backups? I am still searching for the
10 > perfect solution. Requirements: backups must be encrypted, delta-sync,
11 > and being able to resume interrupted transfers to the offsite location.
12
13 I have a Python script that uses a combination of dar,
14 to create encrypted backups locally, and boto to upload them to S3. I used
15 duplicity some years ago and found it consumed enormous amounts of
16 bandwidth, more than my ISP provided at the time.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?