From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --autounmask-write: specify file
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 16:00:33
1 Gian Calgeer wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > I was really looking forward to the new autounmask feature in portage,
5 > as it replaces my ugly home-grown bash script. However, it just picks
6 > a seemingly random file in /etc/portage/package.keywords to put things
7 > into. Is there a way to specify which file it writes things into?
8 > Ideally, I would like to have file names based on the package I'm
9 > emerging, so if e.g. I do "emerge --autounmask-write=y
10 > dev-ruby/rest-client", it should put the keywords into
11 > /etc/portage/package.keywords/dev-ruby-rest-client or similar.
12 > Alternatively, it would be great if I could at least get portage to
13 > output the keywords to stdout without mixing it up with other output,
14 > so I could redirect it to a file I want. Is there any way to do this?
15 >
16 > Gian
20 I was using autounmask to do this and it does just like you want.
21 However, the last time I used autounmask, it was different. You may
22 want to try that tho to see if it helps in some way.
23
24 The feature with emerge picks the first file I think in the directory.
25 It is annoying as heck for sure. Since it is a work in progress, maybe
26 they will change this weird behavior soon.
27
28 Then again, that is yet another option to have to remember too. Jeez.
29
30 Dale
31