From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Warning when installing/updating clucene
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 14:29:26
1 On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 2012-09-17 9:35 AM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Hi all,
5 >>
6 >> I thought I'd posted about this way back when I opened the bug at
7 >> sourceforge:
10 >> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3494798&group_id=80013&atid=558446
13 >> but didn't find anything in my local archives, so I guess I didn't...
14 >>
15 >> Does anyone use clucene? I'm planning on enabling FTS (full text search)
16 >> on a new dovecot server, and was planning on using clucene, but would
17 >> like to see about getting this warning taken care of (if it is indedd
18 >> something I need to be worried about)...
21 > Never mind, just got a reply from the dev that he had fixed it and the next
22 > update would contain the fix...
23 >
24 > I'm still curious if I should not go down that road and use something else
25 > for FTS...
28 clucene looks like the thing to use right now, unless you want to use
29 the full Java-based Apache Lucene. I was just looking at it this
30 morning as a possible basis for a solution to a problem of my own[1],
31 since strigi uses it.
32
33 [1] http://mmol-6453.livejournal.com/279757.html
36 :wq