From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] foo2zjs make install error
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 13:15:00
1 On Tue, 15 April 2014, at 1:06 pm, Dutch Ingraham <stoa@×××.us> wrote:
2 > ...
3 > I should have included this in my first post: "locate foomatic-rip"
4 > returns, on both installations:
5 >
6 > /usr/libexec/cups/filter/foomatic-rip
7 > /usr/share/man/man1/foomatic-rip.1.bz2
8 >
9 > I cannot run foomatic-rip manually.
10
11 This is perhaps a nitpick, but `locate` doesn't show us that foomatic-rip is installed on your system, only that it was installed last time updatedb was run.
12
13 I'm not actually familiar with foomatic-rip, but I'd assume that it's an executable of some sort. Don't you get an error message if you try running `/usr/libexec/cups/filter/foomatic-rip`? What are the permissions on the file? In another post you've stated that you have 2 other machines which are not showing the same problem - compare with them.
14
15 Stroller.