From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: how thorough is #emerge --sync?
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 08:01:56
1 On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:53:27 -0700, Darren Kirby wrote:
2
3 > > 0.8 is the latest stable version. Why do you think, that a different
4 > > version should be offered, when you "emerge dir2ogg"?
5 >
6 > Well, I'm the upstream author, and _I_ think there should be different
7 > (ie: newer) version offered. Good enough?
8
9 Sort of. Their is a newer version available in portage, but the ebuild has
10 not been marked stable yet. however, the latest stable is 0.9.2 and I see
11 you released 0.9.3 in July, so the ebuilds are definitely lagging behind.
12
13 When the package has not changed in terms of build process and
14 dependencies, you can normally make a copy of the ebuild with the new
15 version number, digest it and then emerge it. As the author and a Gentoo
16 user, why not make an ebuild available on your web page and post it too
17 Bugzilla, then the package maintainer may pick it up and put it in portage
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Life Support System Failure - Reboot Patient (Y/n)?