From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: {OT} Basic device for a Gentoo router/firewall?
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 09:29:09
1 On Tuesday 25 May 2010 23:45:41 Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 09:48 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > I'm intrigued. How do you connect displays to them? I assume you'd
4 > > need one for at least the first steps of installing an OS, no?
5 >
6 > no :) There is a serial port which is good enough for a console,
7 > which you can use until your network is working.
8
9 All very well if you happen to have such a device lying around. I don't,
10 however, and Google doesn't show me a source of them either, so I'll
11 just wait for something more suitable to come along. Cheaper, too, with
12 any luck, such as the devices Neil mentioned on Monday.
13
14 Thanks anyway.
17 Rgds
18 Peter.