From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eth0 and eth1 unwanted autoconfiguration
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 00:03:39
1 darren kirby wrote:
2
3 >Hello all,
4 >
5 >Does anyone know why my eth0 (wired) and eth1 (wireless) interfaces are
6 >getting started and autoconfigured at boot despite not being present at any
7 >runlevel in rc-update?
8 >
9 >They are getting configured with the settings in conf.d/net, whether or not
10 >eth0 has a cable plugged in, and whether or not the firmware is loaded for
11 >eth1 (it is a PCMCIA device). Obviously, these settings are bunk...
12 >
13 >I am not sure what info I should put here to diagnose this:
14 >gentoo-sources-2.6.14-r5
15 >baselayout-1.12.0_pre16-r3
16 >
17 >Again, net.eth0 and net.eth1 are not shown at _any_ runlevel when I run
18 >'rc-update -s'.
19 >
20 >thanks,
21 >-d
25 Is it possible that you are running something that needs net and that is
26 starting it? I know some things, like ivman and such, will start other
27 services if they must be running for them to work.
28
29 Just a thought. Is strange though.
30
31 Dale