From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Portage option "--changed-use" not working?
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 17:02:07
1 On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 12:06:22 +0000
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > I suspect this is
5 > specific to the KDE ebuilds (or eclass). changed-use should only skip
6 > an ebuild with changed flags if re-emerging would produce exactly the
7 > same code as before, this may not be the case. For example, in some
8 > ebuilds, it is the absence of a USE flag that triggers an extra
9 > configure option, so removing that use flag would give the same code
10 > as if the package had been emerged with it enabled.
11 >
12 > Something like this happened recently with the nls flag on glibc.
13
14 Ah, that makes sense -- thanks. (And now I wish I'd read the entire
15 thread in dev before I posted a few minutes ago.)
16
17 IMO, the man page's section on --changed-use should say what you've
18 just said rather than what it says now.