From: Tom Martin <slarti@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] package conflict on update
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 11:15:45
1 On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 00:29:57 -0700
2 Trenton Adams <trenton.d.adams@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Ok, so I get the output below when trying to merge after a sync today.
5 > My guess is that the openmotif package was made into two separate
6 > packages, correct?
7 >
8 > To the portage developers, how could this be handled? Perhaps emerge
9 > could somehow figure out the reason for such a conflict, and then
10 > automatically unmerge the original package?
11
12 Not really a question to the portage developers -- just unmerge
13 openmotif (the blocker) and continue as normal.
16 Tom Martin, http://dev.gentoo.org/~slarti
17 AMD64, net-mail, shell-tools, vim, recruiters
18 Gentoo Linux