From: Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] fetchmail to procmail (or something) to arbitrary dir?
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:21:58
1 Hello, OT post here, but:
2
3 I (the office, actually) have this lousy ISP that sells mailboxes
4 limited to 50MB. Whatever, I can't change that just now.
5
6 I have need to keep all mail in one place... for safekeeping, mostly.
7 50MB is not enough and I get a quota warning.
8
9 So, knowing this situation is BS, I thought, what's the quickest and
10 dirtiest way (short of hacking up another perl script) that I can make
11 this just go away, without losing that backup storage?
12
13 Anyway, I puzzled a bit and decided 'fetchmail' sounds pretty good,
14 pretty much what I want to do here. But, it needs sendmail...?? I don't
15 want a MTA on this box. So, I see 'procmail' is an alternative target.
16 Hmm.
17
18 I see the process as, getting a quota warning and then running
19 'fetchmail' as a user. It worked, but not how I want.
20
21 I got the mail off the server, but now it's in my 'own' .maildir folder.
22 As I will need to set up a dump folder for a bunch of different
23 accounts, this won't do.
24
25 So, what part did I miss about setting the MAILDIR? For some reason my
26 config selected the 'DEFAULT'. How can I set up multiple procmail
27 targets and choose which one I want based on the .fetchmailrc?
28
29 (Yeah, I don't want to actually learn procmail rules or anything.)
30
31 poll pop.lousyfreakinisp.com protocol POP3
32 user "job@××××.com" password "job" fetchall
33 mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T"
34
35 Or, is there some other more lightweight brainless set-and-forget way I
36 can approach this? Quota-warning->dumpALLpop3email to local folders
37 one each for six or seven email accounts? Without setting up new users?
38
39 I don't really even care what the format of the folder is, just that
40 it isn't the multi-gigabyte .pst files everyone else has. Would
41 rcvstore[?] work?
42
43 Cheers,
48 | |ichael | |iggins \^ /