From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Shorewall configuration
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2022 16:40:39
1 On Tuesday, 1 March 2022 14:54:24 GMT Michael wrote:
2
3 > Have you seen this regarding the specific ethertypes:
4 >
5 > https://superuser.com/questions/1574757/unknown-ethertypes-0x88e1-and-0x8912
6 > -from-my-fritz-box
7
8 Yes, it's from that site and friends that I've learned what little I have
9 about Home Plug.
10
11 > Sadly I don't know anything about Shorewall, but you can look at configuring
12 > netfilter with some additional hand-crafted rules to drop the above
13 > ethertypes without logging them.
14
15 Hm. Shorewall seems to be a complete subsystem to accept broad intentions and
16 craft iptables rules accordingly. I'll see if it's possible to slip something
17 in upstream of it.
18
19 > However, what I would prefer to do in your circumstances is find if your
20 > router is supported by OpenWRT firmware and configure SQM with FQ-Codel in
21 > it to manage bufferbloat. I expect this should improve your streaming
22 > better than whatever AVM have configured in the box.
23
24 That route's unlikely to be open to me, though I'll check.
25
26 I hope I'm not facing a complete rehash of firewall config. If so, I may return
27 the old modem-router to service instead.
30 Regards,
31 Peter.