From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: nvidia update problems
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 10:36:51
1 On Monday 03 January 2011 14:40:41 walt wrote:
2
3 > I'm wondering if you have some mixture of baselayout versions on that
4 > machine from previous updates.
5
6 Unlikely: this box has been ~amd64 since before it had a complete
7 system.
8
9 > Could your machine be trying to start something other than kdm by
10 > mistake? I.e., maybe you are starting kdm for the first time from
11 > the VT instead of re-starting it?
12
13 Also unlikely.
14
15 I tried taking xdm out of the default run-level and calling both it and
16 xdm-setup in /etc/conf.d/local. It started up ok then.
17
18 > -- just a SWAG :)
19
20 Eh? Don't know that one.
23 Rgds
24 Peter. Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23.