From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} dvdrip permissions error, alternative?
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 17:02:16
1 On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 17:36:10 -0500, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
2
3 > > That won't work on CSS scrambled discs. You'll copy the scrambled data
4 > > but not the key.
5 >
6 > That's not true. The CSS key is in the standard filesystem data, not
7 > in some subtrack data.
8
9 You're right. I read this information some years ago in a normally
10 reliable source, and saw no reason to doubt it as it made sense. bit I've
11 just tried a dd copy and it worked. It failed on the first attempt, but
12 after running lsdvd, it worked for the whole disc, and mplayer played it.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 "Bother," said Pooh, as he connected at 300 bps.