From: tastytea <gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel config thingy, "make menuconfig"
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 05:30:35
1 On 2022-01-15 23:13-0600 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > tastytea wrote:
4 > > On 2022-01-15 21:04-0600 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > >
6 > >> Grant Taylor wrote:
7 > >>> On 1/15/22 7:47 AM, tastytea wrote:
8 > >>>> Did you know you can search with / and then jump to the results
9 > >>>> with the number keys?
10 > >>> I've been using the search for decades*.  But I didn't know about
11 > >>> the number keys to jump until reading this message and trying it.
12 > >>> #TIL
13 > >>>
14 > >>> *Yes, I've been using Linux for more than two decades.  It's been
15 > >>> my primary desktop for almost all of that time too.
16 > >> You are not alone Grant.  I started with my first puter back in
17 > >> 2003 and I had no idea about the number thing.  I gave it a test
18 > >> run and gosh darn it, it worked.  That's a lot better than trying
19 > >> to hunt the thing down.
20 > > I only learned about it a few years ago, after more than 10 years of
21 > > compiling kernels. Maybe someone s
27 > I think you got cut off up there.  O_o
28
29 Oops! I meant to say: Maybe someone should add a help text to the
30 interface. 😊
31
32 > This is one thing about this list.  I'm always finding some tidbit of
33 > info that makes something easier.  My problem, remembering it.
34
35 Yeah, I'm pretty sure I learned this trick from this list (or was it
36 one of the IRC channels? 🤔).
37
38 Kind regards, tastytea
41 Get my PGP key with `gpg --locate-keys tastytea@××××××××.de` or at