From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] merging or fitting images together
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 00:20:56
1 120515 Urs Schutz wrote:
2 > I just tried with fotoxx.
3
4 I hadn't heard of that one : there are so many pkgs in media/gfx
5 that it's difficult to be sure I've checked all photo editors.
6
7 > This is a semi-manual process, but I liked the resulting image.
8
9 It c~b any more manual than Imagemagick (smile).
10
11 > The joint is less visible than on brum-2.jpg.
12
13 That wb useful : no doubt, I could adjust one of them with Imagemagick,
14 but eventually there wb >= 100 similar merges to do,
15 so some degree of automation wb very helpful.
16
17 > It was easy to do an "unbend" after merging
18 > and therefore the clock and the face on the image borders stay in the image.
19
20 Not a problem with Imagemagick.
21
22 > This was my first try to do a panorama in fotoxx
23 > and it took me less than 5 minutes, much faster than with hugin.
24 > If you like I send you the image to your private mail.
25
26 Please do & thanks for this info.
27
28 Does anyone else have suggestions re pkgs or methods ?
29 -- it does look as if this rather simple task is fairly challenging,
30 so others may benefit if it's on record here.
31
32 I have emerged Gimp & will look at what it can do soon :
33 it has 'layers', which look like what is needed.
37 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
38 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
39 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca