From: wabe <wabenbau@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Recommendations for a Gentoo supporting/capable VPS besides Linode?
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 23:39:29
1 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > wabe <wabenbau <at> gmail.com> writes:
6 > > > The big names (DO, Vultr, etc) don't seem to support Gentoo as a
7 > > > choice, so I'm wondering if anyone has any preferences of service
8 > > > that they use.
9 >
10 > > http://www.claranet.com
11 >
12 > A lot will depend if their locations meet your needs too, so you'll
13 > have to verify that issue.
14
15 That's right. It seems that Claranet don't have locations in the USA.
16
17 AFAIK Claranet declared that the servers for german customers are
18 located in Germany and that no data will be transfered to any other
19 country. For some german customers this is a very important detail.
20 I don't know if this is also the case for their locations outside of
21 Germany.
24 Regards
25 wabe