From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] How to set up monospaced xterm fonts?
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 08:21:08
1 > On Fri, 20 November 2015, at 10:35 p.m., Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > ... Apparently,
4 > some time ago, USE="nls" became necessary for basic xterm functionality
5 > … If there was a news item, I missed it.
6 >
7 > ...in package.use actually works the way I want, which simplifies things
8 > rebuilding now, and it'll automatically catch any updates or new fonts
9 > in the future.
10
11 Your phrases "became necessary for basic xterm functionality" and "if there was a news item" read like dissatisfaction.
12
13 They read like you're unhappy that the package didn't behave as you expect.
14
15 Maybe they would have behaved the way you expected, had you not disabled the default USE flags in the first place.
16
17 This is the second time this year you've posted a problem to this list and then, a few days later, a [SOLVED] saying "it seems the solution is to enable this USE flag which is enabled by default in all the base profiles".
18
19 Stroller.
22 http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/user/302420?do=post_view_threaded
23