From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kppp and two different accounts
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:46:27
1 Dale wrote:
5 >Nobody has ever set up two accounts before? This is strange. I also tried
6 >wvdial, same thing. I notice that in the pap-secrets file it has both
7 >exceedtech and bellsouth login/passwords with exceedtech being on top. Is
8 >this the reason for this? I don't want to loose my exceedtech info either so
9 >how do I tell it to sort this out?
10 >
11 >Hmmmm, I wouldn't even be able to switch ISPs with it doing this. This is not
12 >good.
13 >
14 >Thanks
15 >
16 >Dale
17 >:-)
22 OK. I tried this too. I went to the file
23 /home/dale/.kde3.5/share/config/kppprc and renamed it to kppprc.old. I
24 then started Kppp and it had NO accounts in it then. Fresh start I
25 figured. I set up a account for Bell South and all then connected. It
26 failed. According to the error it is STILL sending my login/password
27 for exceedtech. I went back and looked in the new file, no mention of
28 exceedtech at all. NOTHING.
29
30 I then deleted all the files in /etc/ppp/. I reemerged ppp to get a
31 fresh set of config files. I made a back-up though. I thought maybe it
32 was ppp that was doing this. I did confirm, there was no mention in any
33 file in /etc/ppp/ that mentioned exceedtech.net. I tried to connect
34 again and got the same error. It is STILL trying to connect with my
35 exceedtech login/password.
36
37 In case you are wondering, I did delete /home/test/* and try it there
38 too. It is not a user config file based on that. It doesn't look like
39 it anyway. It has to be in a root file somewhere but darned if I can
40 find it. I even opened Konqueror and did a text search for dalek and it
41 returned nothing in /etc/ or in /root/, well except for my folding
42 stuff. I have no idea where this could be coming from.
43
44 Can someone tell me where in the world this is stored? This is nuts. I
45 couldn't change ISPs even if I wanted to since it works this way. I
46 would have to reinstall looks like. That sounds like winders.
47
48 Please help. If nothing else tell me I am not crazy.
49
50 Dale
51 :-(
52
53 I'm in Mozilla so say a prayer that this will go through. :/
54 --
55 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list