From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best method for automounting...
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 04:58:28
1 On 11/30/06, Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Anyway, I've looked into using hal,dbus and "media:/" in konqueror... It works
3 > to a degree, but the hal daemon has a nasty habit of polling the cd
4 > card/pcmcia to such a degree that autofs won't unmount the then when you're
5 > done...
6
7 I've had very good results just using the hal+dbus+pmount method with
8 KDE. I haven't had any issues with Unmount/Eject options from the KDE
9 device menu popups, or noticed any signfiicant "polling" by hal. Are
10 you sure it is hald, and not something else (like ivman or autofs)
11 that is polling?
12
13 -Richard
14 --