From: Edward M <edwardm.gentoo.java@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] JDK 7 on server
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 22:42:20
1 On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 14:14:24 +0530
2 Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > rvices to customers, so compatibility is
5 > definitely a concern. I'm not exactly sure what the differences are
6 > between Oracle JDK & OpenJDK; the differences I found so far on Google
7 > are old and make sense only for Java 6.
8
9 Hello,
10
11 To my understanding, Oracle JDK binary is created from the source code
12 released from the OpenJDK project with some Oracle's own propriety
13 code. The other difference is Oracle's JDK binary is released under
14 Oracle Technology Network Developer License Terms for JAVA EE SDK,JDK
15 where as OpenJDK code is under GPL + linking exceptions.
16
17 More info at:
18
19 https://blogs.oracle.com/henrik/entry/java_7_questions_answers
20
21 Best regards
22 ED
25 Learing Linux with Gentoo to earn LPIC1.