From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Certain network activity stops the network
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 15:24:53
1 >> I have 3 Gentoo systems on a wireless network, one of which is the
2 >> firewall/router. Sometimes any traffic to one of the systems
3 >> effectively freezes traffic on the whole network. Does anyone know
4 >> what might cause that? It's tough to investigate because it doesn't
5 >> happen all the time.
6 >
7 > Not sure if it is remotely related to your problem, but I've noticed something
8 > similar happening when I was using a Netgear DG834 router and happened to
9 > start up a box with a gigabit ethernet card (everything else was 10T-100).
10 > While the gigabit card was negotiating speeds with the router everything else
11 > was unable to use the network. That could last for up to a minute or so.
12 > When I changed router the problem went away.
13
14 Just so I'm sure I understand, this couldn't be related with the
15 problematic system connected wirelessly and the router being a Gentoo
16 system right?
17
18 - Grant