From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Issue 3 - CD Playing
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 23:17:02
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 I have googled this problem and tried everything and can't seem to
4 resolve the issue.
5
6 My CD drive will read data CD's, but will not play audio CD's. I've
7 tried with kscd and Kaffeine. Haven't installed amarok yet. I've
8 checked and rechecked my settings in the kernel. In /dev cdrom is a
9 symlink to sr0. Nothing I've read in anything that came up in my google
10 search helped.
11
12 Oops! Forgot to add this to my original message:
13
14 When I try to play an audio CD in kaffeine, I get an alert box that says:
15 Cannot find input plgin for MRL "cdda://"
16
17 cdda is one of my USE flags. I have tried upgrading phonon-gstreamer
18 'cause I read somewhere that the problem might be with phonon.
19
20 Any ideas?
21
22 Regards,