From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dev-python/isodate breaks my emerge because it's at EAPI?
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2021 13:58:54
1 On Tue, 3 Aug 2021 15:35:41 +0200, n952162 wrote:
2
3 > > You should have seen a message from emerge --sync telling you that a
4 > > new version of portage was available and to run emerge -1au portage
5 > > before updating anything else.
6
7 > I find no informational messages containing "portage", "emerge", or
8 > "-1au" in any of the 3 sync runs I captured into one log file. I did
9 > double check news beforehand, but didn't find anything there.
10
11 I don't see them when syncing from a cron script, when all output is
12 captured and emailed, but do when running sync on a shell. It seems you
13 only see this when running sync interactively.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Unsolicited advice is the junk mail of life