From: Bill Longman <bill.longman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to build a time machine on Gentoo
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 14:54:22
1 On 08/18/2010 04:53 AM, Nganon wrote:
2 > I did not know that. I was thinking of, in couple of months, buying a
3 > notebook
4 > with two HDDs with RAID1 installed and using the usb drive as a backup
5 > destination. So if RAID got corruped, the backups, made since then,
6 > would be
7 > useless? How would you resolve it?
8
9 The ONLY thing RAID will save you from is hardware failure.
10
11 Copying data from one disk to another is not RAID. If you use dd to copy
12 from one corrupt filesystem to another, you have two corrupt filesystems.
13
14 If you want a robust filesystem, look into ZFS/BTRFS.