From: "Paweł Madej" <linux@××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Update portage cache ... horribly slow
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 11:31:34
1 Allan Spagnol Comar wrote:
2 > This cache is used to resolve all packages you want to update,install
3 > or remove from your box; if you turn off this cache you would need to
4 > do the same action to every emerge option; I believe that is better to
5 > let it do just when updating portage tree .... :)
6 >
7 > Holpe it helps, Allan
8
9 Thx for fast answer.
10
11 Ok I'll leave it as is, but maybe is there any way too speedup it? It
12 runs on my P3 800 / HDD 5400 rpm more that 10 minutes.
13
14 Or it is working on every computer so slowly?
15
16 Greets
17 Pawe³
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list