From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSD partitioning and migration
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 06:56:24
1 luis jure wrote:
2 >
3 > hello list,
4 >
5 > i want to migrate my system, currently in a HD, to a new SSD. i thought it
6 > would be easy, but i decided to read a little before partitioning the disk
7 > (my first SDD) and now i'm really confused...
8 >
9 > i intend to have only two partitions in the SSD: one for / and the other
10 > for /home. i have another HD for storage, where i'm going to put swap.
11 >
12 > apparently it's better to use a GPT partitioning. are there any catches i
13 > should take into account? what about grub, can i just install it later on
14 > the ssd?
15 >
16 > thanks for any comment or pointers, i found so many different "guides"
17 > saying different things that i'm really confused.
20 > best,
23 > lj
29 Do you really want to put /home on a SSD?
30
31 Dale
32
36 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!