From: Henry Gebhardt <hsggebhardt@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Force an ebuild in DEPEND to be merged
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 11:39:30
1 On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Reason: I use cvs-e17 and all ebuilds have version -9999 but they change
3 > daily. To update e17, one must checkout and rebuild everything as
4 > portage has no way of knowing what must be updated. So I have a script
5 > with 92 emerge commands in it... This clutters world unnecessarily.
6
7 Hm, --oneshot comes to mind... Anything against using that?
8
9 > I would rather create a -meta ebuild, list all 92 packages in DEPEND
10 > and 'emerge <metapackage>' will rebuild the whole lot. With the added
11 > benefit that 'emerge --resume --skipfirst' will actually work properly
12 > when a build fails (as they do on an almost daily basis...)
13
14 If you put them all on a single emerge, --resume should work.
15
16 > Is this possible?
17
18 I've never heard of such a thing. I think paludis can automatically
19 rebuild live ebuilds daily or once a week. However, not sure if it
20 works with -9999 version numbers, or if it needs them as -scm.
21
22 ~Henry
23 --
24 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list