From: Daevid Vincent <daevid@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Can I share my /boot and swap partitions with other Linux installs?
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 03:21:00
1 Currently I dual-boot my notebook with XP and Gentoo.
2
3 I'm curious to try out all this beryl stuff and see what all the rage is
4 with Ubuntu and the kids these days.
5
6 Can I install Ubuntu in yet another partition and have it share the /boot
7 and swap ones I already have, or do I need dedicated ones for that distro
8 too?
9
10 (and I did try to get beryl working in Gentoo, but couldn't do it. Before I
11 spend too much time messing with that, I figured I'd see if it was even
12 worth it. Since I have nvidia card, I can't run the Ubuntu live CD and beryl
13 as it needs to install the proprietary drivers. )
16 D.Vin
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list