From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Can I share my /boot and swap partitions with other Linux installs?
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 06:47:26
1 Daevid Vincent <daevid@××××××.com> wrote:
4 > Can I install Ubuntu in yet another partition and have it share the /boot
5 > and swap ones I already have, or do I need dedicated ones for that distro
6 > too?
7
8 No, you don't NEED to have seperate /boot partitions. The problem
9 might be, that the default filenames "overlap" in Gentoo and Ubuntu.
10 But if you make sure that this does not happen and if you setup
11 your bootloader (grub?) "properly", then all is fine.
12
13 Sharing swap is no problem at all.
14
15 Alexander Skwar