From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network failed and weird error message
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 21:52:53
1 On Fri, Oct 04, 2013 at 09:35:33PM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote
2
3 > OHCI is a USB 1.1 implementation, I can't imagine why you have it
4 > loaded. Surely you do not have USB 1 only hardware? USB2 deals with that
5 > nicely. It is possible that you have a shit storm of USB weirdness going
6 > on and this in locking up the desktop. Try disabling USB stuff you don't
7 > need and see what gives.
8
9 Do *NOT* remove lowspeed USB driver... unless you have a rescue USB
10 stick boot handy. I tried that a few years ago and found that my USB
11 keyboard and mouse stopped working. UHCI is used by Intel and VIA cpus,
12 according to the help in "make menuconfig". AMD may be OHCI, I don't
13 know.
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
17 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications