From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ARGH I uninstalled python
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 17:57:04
1 On Sunday 24 May 2009 19:26:43 Dale wrote:
2 > Also, is this the file that contains the system set?
3 >
4 > /usr/portage/profiles/base/packages
5 >
6 > If so, python is commented out as is a few others. Is there a way to
7 > add files to something in /etc that emerge would consider in addition to
8 > this file? In other words, if a user is using portage, is there a place
9 > that they could set this in /etc so that it overrides the fact it is
10 > missing in the system set? Just add python and other missing packages
11 > to the file and we can carry on. I assume adding it to world would not
12 > do any good with buildsyspkg enabled?
13
14 profiles are cascading and support multiple inheritance (parent files can
15 contain several entries). So, you have to run
16
17 find /usr/portage/profiles -name packages
18
19 to find them all, and apply brain power to find the few that actually apply to
20 you
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com