From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ARGH I uninstalled python
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 18:09:26
1 On 5/24/09, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > profiles are cascading and support multiple inheritance (parent files can
3 > contain several entries). So, you have to run
4 >
5 > find /usr/portage/profiles -name packages
6 >
7 > to find them all, and apply brain power to find the few that actually apply
8
9 Cascading yes, but I'd say no to the find-command. You should be able
10 to ask portage itself. After all, it has to know your current system
11 set for its own work, let it do the cascading calculations (unions for
12 sets):
13
14 emerge -p @system
15
16 And even better, if I read correctly from portage man-page (look for
17 the "packages" and packages.build file section there), it is nearly
18 trivial to add files to a local system set. Just add
19 asterisk-prepended lines to /etc/portage/profile/packages. Just tried
20 it, it seems to work, got python and games-board/megamek added to my
21 system set according to emerge -p @system! :D
22
23 Gentoo <3 Can't live without it once you start to see just what all is
24 configurable. :D
27 Arttu V.