From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is there a standard sysctl-like way to modify sysfs files at boot time?
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 11:30:08
1 On Monday 27 December 2010 11:37:29 Mark David Dumlao wrote:
2 > I want to do this:
3 > http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2010/11/forget-200-lines-red-hat-speed
4 > .html
5 >
6 > in userspace, but automate it at boot time. it requires that I create and
7 > mount the cgroup subsystem in sysfs and sounds a lot like something that
8 > I'd do in sysctl for /proc/sys, but for sysfs rather than procfs.
9 >
10 > The only thing that comes to mind is to append to the local init script,
11 > but it's so close to what sysctl does that I feel like someone's probably
12 > written some tool for it. Is there one?
13
14 If there is, I haven't seen it. Perhaps you can try adding it to
15 /etc/conf.d/local.start and report back if it behaves as expected?
16 --
17 Regards,
18 Mick