From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: xmms alternative
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 17:17:21
1 On Sunday 29 October 2006 17:40, Colleen Beamer wrote:
4 > Anyway, with respect to the subject line, if my interpretation is
5 > correct and xmms is being removed from the package list, what can I use
6 > to play 'mod' files?
7
8 audacious with the media-plugins/audacious-dumb plugin?
9
10 or, emerge xine-lib with the modplug useflag (which has to be set for
11 audacious too), and it can play mod files. And since amarok uses xine-lib as
12 one of its engines, it would be able to play modfiles.
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list