From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Locking dependant installs
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 15:21:47
1 Hi,
2
3 Suppose the following setup:
4
5 I want to emerge application "F", which
6 depends on library "A","B","C","D" and "E",
7 which unfortunately are not used by any other
8 program and are really heavy to compile in terms
9 of compile time.
10
11 Unfortunately the last step -- the compilation
12 of "A" -- fails, which I recognize unfortunately
13 but naturally at the moment all other dependencies
14 are installed.
15
16 Is there a legal and clean way to "lock" those
17 already installed dependencies and save them
18 from being wiped out by the tidy and clean up
19 commands normally used after a general update
20 of gentoo?
21
22 Thank you very much for any help in advance!
23 Best regards,
24 mcc