From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] using python 2.7
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 01:20:18
1 On Tue, Nov 04 2014, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Paige Thompson <erratic@××××××××××.sx> wrote:
4 >> RIP python 3
5 >>
6 >> how do I get rid of it
7 >
8 > It's possible that you can't. Some (or many) packages could depend on
9 > Python 2.7 because they don't work with Python 3.x. You can check that
10 > with:
11 >
12 > equery depends dev-lang/python:2.7
13 >
14 > In my main system (full GNOME 3 desktop), 174 packages depend on
15 > Python 2.7. Some of them probably can be made to work only with Python
16 > 3.x, but I'm willing to bet that the majority doesn't.
17 >
18 > Maybe in the future, but I don't think it will be possible for at
19 > least a few years.
20 >
21 > Regards.
22
23 I believe the OP wants to keep 2.7 and ditch 3.
24
25 allan