From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] a couple of systemd questions
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 18:29:55
1 Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 6:11 AM, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > > I want to -- at least in initial testing -- have systemd not try to do
5 > > things in parallell -- one at a time is very nice -- I even have openrc
6 > > configured that way. Any way to do this?
7 >
8 > No if you don't use --confirm-spawn AFAIK; the whole parallel start
9 > thingy is deeply integrated in systemd's design. And, why would you
10 > want to start things sequentially?
11
12 Because its much easier to figure out things -- particularly if
13 something has gone wrong -- and I don't boot that often, so I don't
14 really care if it takes a bit longer -- its certainly a lot less than
15 that other OS.
16
17 And thanks for your response.
22 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
23 How do
24 you spend it?
25
26 John Covici