From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Digest of gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org issue 1422 (76278-76327)
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 17:13:51
1 On Monday 03 March 2008, Stroller wrote:
2 > On 3 Mar 2008, at 09:57, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
3 > > On Monday 3 March 2008, Jan Seeger wrote:
4 > >> NOTE: I don't speak spanish. But somehow, I read it thusly:
5 > >> On Mon, 03. Mar, mvidela@××××××××.ar spammed my inbox with
6 > >>
7 > >>> todos los temas relacionados con soporte técnico
8 > >>
9 > >> all technical support requests (relations?)
10 > >
11 > > all technical support-related issues
12 > >
13 > > Ok, not that it changes much... :-)
14 >
15 > Noooo! It changes EVERYTHING!!
16 >
17 > "Issue" is word to describe an individual periodical in a series of
18 > publications, and is a weasel-word when it's used as a synonym for
19 > "problem".
20
21 You are argueing about the English translation of a Spanish word, done
22 by someone that most probably isn't a certified translator. The word
23 at issue (please excuse the pun) isn't "issues" but the Spanish
24 word "temas" - and I doubt it can be described as a weasel-word in
25 this context.
26
27 Uwe
30 Informal Linux Group Namibia: