From: "András Csányi" <sayusi.ando@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Amarok segfault
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 06:37:15
1 On 24 October 2011 07:57, Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Also if you dont want to do thos globbaly for all your packages you can make
4 > use of /etc/portage/env/.
5 >
6 > For example this is what i have for amarok in
7 >
8 > /etc/portage/env/media-sound/amarok
9 >
10 > CFLAGS="-march=core2 -O1 -g"
11 >
12 > CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
13 >
14 > FEATURES="splitdebug"
15 >
16 > also note when doing it this way, you will also have to do this for a few
17 > dependencies that amarok uses. The way i did it was, When dr konqi pops up
18 > after amarok crashes, it displays a list of files needed for a more usefull
19 > backtrace (in the developer information tab).Use equery to find out which
20 > packages those files belong to and add an entry in /etc/portage/env for
21 > them. After thats done rebuild those pacakges.
22
23 Thank you very much! I'm going to do this way.
24 If I make a file under /etc/portage/env/ directory, for example Amarok
25 than in this file I can redefine the compile options and features for
26 a particular package? Do I understand correctly?
29 - -
30 --  Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando)  -- http://sayusi.hu --
31 http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi
32 --  ""Trust in God and keep your gunpowder dry!" - Cromwell