From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Full disk encryption
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 18:32:47
1 Jack Byer wrote:
2 > czernitko wrote:
5 >> I would like to have only one partition with all home directories on it,
6 >> and I would like to avoid usage of initrd as I don't use it now and I
7 >> would like to keep it that way if possible.
8 > You don't need an initramfs but you might want to reconsider not using one
9 > at some point. I avoided them for a long time but when I wanted to do whole
10 > disk encrypted I learned how to make my own (not particularly difficult) and
11 > later started using dracut which basically "just works".
17 Did you use a howto for Dracut? If so, have a link you could post? I
18 tried making a init thingy and after about 20 failed reboots, I scraped
19 the idea. I was trying to follow the howto on the Gentoo wiki I think.
20 The unofficial wiki.
21
22 Thanks.
23
24 Dale
25
29 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!