From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Can I run a 32-bit CentOS chroot on a 64-bit Gentoo host?
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 14:02:18
1 On Mon, Feb 06, 2017 at 10:32:16PM -0800, Ian Zimmerman wrote
2
3 > It depends on how good the Pale build system is. What you would be
4 > doing is similar to cross-compiling, and you need the build system be
5 > ready for that kind of thing.
6
7 [...deletia...]
8
9 > Unfortunately I'm not intimate with the Mozilla/Pale build system so I
10 > can't give you yea or nay, but maybe you can search for information
11 > whether it can be (really) cross-compiled. If yes, then your scenario
12 > should work too.
13
14 https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Build_Instructions/Cross-compiling_Mozilla
15 says it can be cross-compiled. Actually, what I'm trying to do is to
16 *NOT* make it look like a cross compile. That's why I want to rsync "/"
17 (all of /dev/sda1) from the VM to a directory on the host. This would
18 give an entire 32-bit CentOS install, including toolchain, system libs,
19 etc, without splattering 32-bit libs all over my host system. It would
20 all be contained in the chroot directory. And, oh yeah, I run the
21 "default/linux/amd64/13.0/no-multilib" profile.
24 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
25 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications