From: Fernando Canizo <conan@××××××××××.ar>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] recompiling vim linked to libncursesw
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 04:10:29
1 Hi all.
2
3 I'm having trouble with my encoding using mutt + vim + utf-8,
4 basically mi emails are sent with wrong encoding when *replying*. I've
5 tracked the problem, searched, readed FAQs and i found that maybe my
6 problem is this: that while mutt is linked to libncursesw (wide
7 library) vim is to libncurses (normal), this is the output of ldd:
8
9 $ ldd `which vim` | grep curses
10 libncurses.so.5 => /lib/libncurses.so.5 (0xb7f98000)
11 $ ldd `which mutt` | grep curses
12 libncursesw.so.5 => /lib/libncursesw.so.5 (0xb7f8f000)
13
14 Except for this my utf-8 environment is running fine.
15
16 I tried re 'emerge vim' thinking that maybe it just get fixed since i
17 use unicode and utf8 in my USE, but that didn't do anything, vim is
18 still linked to the non wide curses library.
19
20 So the question is: how do i tell to emerge to forge a vim wich is
21 linked to libncursesw.so ?
24 Fernando Canizo - LUGMen: www.lugmen.org.ar - A8N: a8n.lugmen.org.ar
25 snappy repartee:
26 What you'd say if you had another chance.
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list