From: Fernando Canizo <conan@××××××××××.ar>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] recompiling vim linked to libncursesw
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 04:10:29
Hi all.

I'm having trouble with my encoding using mutt + vim + utf-8,
basically mi emails are sent with wrong encoding when *replying*. I've
tracked the problem, searched, readed FAQs and i found that maybe my
problem is this: that while mutt is linked to libncursesw (wide
library) vim is to libncurses (normal), this is the output of ldd:

$ ldd `which vim` | grep curses
libncurses.so.5 => /lib/libncurses.so.5 (0xb7f98000)
$ ldd `which mutt` | grep curses
libncursesw.so.5 => /lib/libncursesw.so.5 (0xb7f8f000)

Except for this my utf-8 environment is running fine.

I tried re 'emerge vim' thinking that maybe it just get fixed since i
use unicode and utf8 in my USE, but that didn't do anything, vim is
still linked to the non wide curses library.

So the question is: how do i tell to emerge to forge a vim wich is
linked to libncursesw.so ?

--
Fernando Canizo - LUGMen: www.lugmen.org.ar - A8N: a8n.lugmen.org.ar
snappy repartee: