From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Get off my lawn?
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 02:04:52
1 On Jan 17, 2015 1:56 PM, "Grant Edwards" <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 2015-01-16, Paul B. Henson <henson@×××.org> wrote:
4 >
5 > > http://www.linuxvoice.com/interview-lennart-poettering/
6 > >
7 > > So it seems the reason (in Lennart Poettering's imagination at least)
8 > > that Gentoo hasn't embraced systemd as our default init system is
9 > > because we're all old and conservative?
10 >
11 > No, it's because we're practical and view computers as means to get
12 > things done rather than ends in themselves to be put inside
13 > transparent cases with fans that light up.
14
15 Speak for yourself. :) I did comment on my thoughts in this area in
16 Donnie's thread. Gentoo (IMHO) tends not to be the best distro for
17 doing anything in particular. I find that its best feature is that it
18 is reasonably good at doing just about anything - it is a
19 jack-of-all-trades.
22 Rich