From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] who needs Java ?
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:19:05
1 I looked at updating to the latest Libreoffice 3.4.2.3
2 & found it wants to install a long list of deps,
3 many of which seem to be caused by my 'java' USE flag.
4 As a result, I checked my home-made list of installed pkgs
5 to see which were part of Java & why they seemed to be needed.
6 Not a few proved to be unnecessary today,
7 but the rest depend on 4 underlying pkgs,
8 ie Libreoffice Cups Libidn (for KDE 3 , which I want) Db (for Libreoffice).
9
10 If I remove 'java' from make.conf ,
11 which features will I lose in LO Cups KDE3 ?
12 Is there anything else I've overlooked ?
16 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
17 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
18 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca