From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Graphical usenet client - alternative to Knode
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:08:24
1 On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:59:33 +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2
3 > You and I do the same thing in the end. The difference is that you
4 > waste bandwidth, need to set up filters every time you subscribe to a
5 > new list
6
7 Which takes about ten seconds usually.
8
9 >, need to unsubscribe when you don't want to receive email
10 > anymore,
11
12 Which takes about half that time, and both of these are infrequent
13 occurrences. For lists that I had only a transient interest in, I would
14 look at usenet versions.
15
16 > need hard disk space to store all the downloaded messages,
17 > don't have access to messages from the time you weren't subscribed yet,
18
19 No, but I do have access to Google :)
20
21 > So in the end, we end up doing the same thing, by I do it in a saner
22 > way that was designed to do exactly that. :)
23
24 No, you do it in a different way that suits your needs. That doesn't make
25 you right and people with other needs wrong. It just illustrates the
26 benefits of choice. I did not insult your choice, why assume that you
27 know better than me what I need?
28
29 > It appears it only has
30 > pros and no cons, so I don't see a reason to use email instead.
31
32 How do you read messages without an Internet connection?
33
34 Everything has pros and cons.
38 Neil Bothwick
39
40 Walk softly and carry a fully charged phazer.