From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: install of vbox guest-additions failing
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2017 21:37:22
1 "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org> writes:
4 [...]
7 > Do you have module support enabled?
8
9 Yes, or at least I have been using modules.. not sure where I would
10 determine if it were enabled or not.
11
12 I guess I'm not sure what you mean... it sounds as if you expect there
13 to be a conf file that says `enable modules = yes' or something.
14
15 /etc/conf.d/modules does not seem to have any info about `enabling
16 modules.
17
18 Just now to insert specific modules
19
20 lsmod shows:
21
22 Module Size Used by
23 vboxsf 40960 0
24 vboxguest 208896 6 vboxsf
28 > Is the /usr/src/linux symlink pointing to the correct kernel version?
29
30 Yes.
31
32 > In a VBOX VM, you would normally need to compile a kernel,
33
34 And I have done so many times.
35
36 > the commands given are only needed when the sources are not used to
37 > compile the kernel.
38
39 What commands are you talking about?
40
41 How else would I compile a kernel but with the source?