From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Out of memory error
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 13:09:37
1 On Nov 19, 2011 7:28 PM, "Michael Mol" <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 ----- >8 snip
4
5 > And, finally, yeah..that isn't just "not much", that's a terribly small
6 amount of memory. Assuming you've kept the software current, some of your
7 applications have certainly not been maintained with 600MB of system memory
8 in mind.
11 Indeed. With less than 800MB, gcc fails to upgrade. Always. For some
12 RAM-constrained systems (e.g. the VMs in my company's cloud), I even have
13 to do an "out-of-the-box" upgrade, i.e., upgrade an identical copy on the
14 physical data center, grab the binpkg tarball, and upload the tarball to
15 the cloud.
16
17 Rgds,